A wealthy British art dealer of Belgian origin, Ernest Gambart, who attended Spa in summer, acquired the castle of Alsa in 1871, A splendid gallery-residence in an immense park decorated with a small lake. It included Gounot, Théophile Gauthier, Sarah Bernardt ...
This gallant man curiously already three times widower, there knew a "friend", Marie Tilloy. In 1884 he offered her a pretty neighboring estate, where an elegant manor was built, baptized New-Castle .
The husband of the young lady, the lawyer Walquenart was also entitled to his initials in particular in the great coat of arms carved on the gable of the house.
Marie Tilloy will also receive three other properties, including the castle of Alsa, when his protector decided to settle in Nice, where he erected an extraordinary marble palace, frequented even by the King of Spain and Queen Victoria of England...
In the early 1900s, the New-Castle manor will offer some nice rooms for rent to the vacationers who even enjoyed a room service System of ringtones and witness lamps that ended up in the common garden.
In 1911, the estate was bought by a Brussels malting company, Van Roye, which made it a second family residence, extending to the three houses bought opposite the same public sale.
The manor was taken over by his son George, to whom his wife would survive until the respectable age of 104.
Although occupied successively by the Germans and then by the Americans during World War II, it remained for nearly a century the summer residence and meeting place of this large family including a famous motor racing driver .
In 2006, the estate was acquired by its current owners, in love with nature, old stones and the spanish atmosphere.
They set to work to restore the building by marrying the current demands of comfort to the respect of its character and to return to the park that surrounds it its past gloss.
It now extends over more than 10,000 m 2 sup>, including part of the old estate of the castle of Alsa and extends into forest area.
It offers the charm of a preserved nature, the rustling of the creek and the songs of hundreds of birds.
When Maryse and Pierre decided in 2009 to share their passion for this place with a few hosts who could appreciate it, they returned to the old history of the manor, also modestly contributing to perpetuate the centuries-old traditions of spanish hospitality .